Lights, camera…arugula! National Cooperative Grocers Association (NCGA) congratulates the winners in the My Co-op Rocks! Video Contest, a nationwide contest where co-op fans get to share the reasons their co-op rocks. Submissions were accepted online at www.MyCoopRocks.coop with $3,500 in prizes to be awarded to the best videos in “people’s choice” and “judges’ choice” categories.
NCGA hosted the contest in celebration of all the qualities and quirks that make co-ops integral parts of communities.
- 1st Place – Solyana Caruso's Top 10 reasons My Co-op Rocks! - An indie folk rock Music Video submitted on behalf of Ashland Food Co-op in Ashland,OR.
- 2nd Place – Yo, NCGA Coops! submitted on behalf of Tidal Creek Cooperative Food Market in Wilmington, NC.
- 3rd Place – Top 10 Reasons to Become a Co-op Member submitted on behalf of City Market/Onion River Co-op in Burlington, VT.
- 1st Place – Down at the VFC submitted on behalf of Viroqua Food Co-op in Viroqua, WI.
- 2nd Place – Frontin n' Facin submitted on behalf of People's Food Co-op in Portland, OR.
- 3rd Place – Dancing at the Co-op submitted on behalf of The Wedge Co-op in Minneapolis, MN.
“It's great to see how passionate shoppers and staff are about co-op grocers. The sense of community that they inspire really comes through in all of the video submissions,” said Robynn Shrader, chief executive officer for NCGA. “We thank everyone who participated; we hope you enjoyed hearing why your co-op rocks!"
Visit the contest website at www.MyCoopRocks.coop to view other videos.