Lexington Cooperative Market
Lexington Co-operative Market is a consumer-owned natural food grocery store right in the heart of the Elmwood Village. Open to everyone, we offer a wide variety of high quality, delicious natural groceries.
With bountiful bins of colorful fruit and vegetables, we feature the freshest local and organic produce with an abundance of variety. Our produce department shines like a just picked Dan Tower apple all year round.
Our talented chefs in Lexi's Kitchen constantly develop innovative and delicious recipes featuring fresh, quality ingredients. From scrumptious sandwiches to full meals, our salad bar and hot bar offer a variety to choose from, whether you need a quick snack or dinner for your entire family.
- Bulk - Crunchy granola? You bet! We also have a wide variety of the highest quality fruits, nuts, grains, herbs, teas and more. Save on packaging and buy as much as you need!
- Fresh Meat & Seafood - Check out our fresh meat and seafood case, showcasing the finest local pasture raised beef, wild salmon, free range chickens, nitrite free deli meats and more.
- Local Foods and Products - Produce, pasta, tofu, tea, soaps and more! Being a locally grown business allows us to support the many farms and producers from the region.
Our store was started 35 years ago by people who wanted whole grains and local produce-foods that were hard to find in conventional grocery stores at the time. Like-minded consumers across the country started co-ops like ours, and these consumers were the founders of the now exploding organic and natural food industry. At the Lexington Co-operative Market, we now have over $5 million in annual sales, more than 3,500 owners and a brand new store on Elmwood.
In the past two years we have returned over $2.5 million to the local economy, supporting nearly 100 farmers and food producers in the area. You don't have to be an owner to shop! Everyone is welcome, everyday of the week. Stop in for a quick lunch or stay a while and do your weekly shop. Ample parking for cars and bikes, conveniently located on a bus line in the heart of the Elmwood Village.
Ten Reasons to Shop at the Lexington Co-op
- Our mission to serve the community by providing a natural foods grocery store in a friendly environment.
- We specialize in high quality homegrown and organic produce.
- Fresh bread baked daily in Lexi's Kitchen on site and delivered from local bakeries.
- Organic and rBGH free milks, cheeses and yogurts.
- 2 ¢ board for product requests, suggestions, and questions about policies and procedures.
- Bulk products to help you live more simply.
- At least 40 ¢ of every dollar you spend returns to the Buffalo Niagara economy.
- Special order anything in our catalogues at volume discounted prices!
- Hand made, chemical and cruelty-free soaps and beauty aids.
- Support a business that is owned by over 3,500 people from your neighborhood.